The COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped our lives, and its impact is reflected in our inboxes and social feeds.
These are challenging times in health care, as healthcare professionals both on the front lines and behind the scenes are rising to the occasion. They’re also creating new content during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sharing moments that keep us safe, teach us new ways of staying healthy and even make us smile in the midst of the crisis helps us see hope.
According to Dr. Dennis Charney, dean of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, having a positive outlook in difficult circumstances is not only an important predictor of resilience—defined as how quickly people recover from adversity—but it is the most important predictor of it.
Let’s take a moment to celebrate the myriad ways clinical, marketing and communications leaders are lifting spirits and leading with positivity. Here are a few great examples of how healthcare leaders are persevering in the face of this pandemic and creating exceptional content despite COVID-19 complications.
Sharing Hope and Joy
- Cook Children’s Rise Up video is a beautiful tribute to their #HealthcareHeroes, with music performed by a 10-year-old patient.
- A St. Joe’s Health nurse sings a beautiful rendition of “Amazing Grace” at shift change.
- Cleveland Clinic shares a heartfelt message of gratitude from a recently-discharged patient who had COVID-19.
- Lurie Children’s Hospital challenges followers to post a fun video about handwashing.
- MetroHealth highlights Compassionate Care Rounders standing in for visitors, connecting them with family members via video chat and reading them emails and letters. (Have your Kleenex handy for this one.]
- Navicent Health celebrates unsung heroes.
- PennMedicine shares a “thank you” video from first graders.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital nurses bust a move during a break in the action.
- St. Jude spotlights children making art to cheer up others.
- The UCLA Health team does a dance after getting someone off a ventilator.
Keeping Communities Safe and Healthy
Moz founder Rand Fishkin suggests that in times of uncertainty, “The best type of marketing you can create is stuff that helps first.”
Here are a few healthcare organizations and providers doing exactly that.
- A Penn Medicine physician shares 11 tips to sleep better during the pandemic.
- Banner Health offers tips for talking to your kids about the coronavirus.
- Baptist Health (KY) helps you manage children’s anxiety about COVID-19.
- Children’s Health (TX) shares at-home exercises for kids.
- Community Health Network provides information pregnant women need to know.
- Jefferson Health offers a comprehensive parent’s guide to coronavirus.
- LCMC Health shares six healthy ways to keep from going stir-crazy.
- Novant Health shares ideas to care for yourself in stressful times.
- OrthoCarolina offers 22 quarantine-appropriate activities to stay engaged while at home.
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System created an “Ask the Experts” video to help staff, including leaders and all employees, deal with the stress of COVID-19.
- Texas Health shares activities you can do from a distance.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center offers nutrition advice for eating at home and workouts you can do at home without equipment.
Share Your Stories
We’d love to highlight other positive moments and resources during this historic moment. Send your examples to email@example.com and we’ll share them with our community.
Get More Marketing Ideas and Examples
We’ll deliver thought- and joy-provoking content like this directly to your inbox!