Two service line-specific campaigns, launched in collaboration with True North Custom, are helping Presence Health boost patient volume and build stronger relationships by leveraging its message of compassionate care.
In one of our many case studies designed to help prospects convert patients, we explore the background of Presence Health. After a rebranding and a refocus on its core mission, the team at Presence Health decided digital marketing campaigns (specifically an email nurturing campaign strategy) was the best tool to quickly and effectively communicate their messages of “health through relationships” and “compassionate care.”
Best Practices for Turning Prospects into Patients
The system’s corporate leadership had targeted the orthopedics and primary care service lines for growth. A primary goal for the orthopedics campaign was to promote 72-hour express appointments as well as free 15-minute injury screenings, while the primary care campaign was designed to raise awareness of Presence Health’s community-focused care and build brand recognition in a highly competitive market.
True North worked with Presence Health’s marketing and customer relationship management teams to craft unique nurturing campaigns for each service line, using a series of emails deployed weekly, that offered readers a variety of content and calls to action:
- Drip emails were sent once per week for a total of 11 weeks and featured full-length, soft-sell articles and infographics. Calls to action drove readers to online forms where they could request the free injury screenings and express appointments, or to online find-a-doctor registries.
- Trigger emails were deployed at strategic points throughout the campaign cycle. The goal of these emails, which were sent to users who clicked a call to action in a previous email, was to keep readers engaged with the brand by signing up for Presence Health’s monthly e‑newsletter.
- A win-back email was also deployed at a strategic point in the campaign cycle, targeting readers who had not yet opened any previous drip email, re-engaging them to keep them in the lead nurturing cycle.
Both campaigns revealed that, by keeping interested readers engaged, both open and click-to-open rates continually improved and led to greater involvement with the Presence Health brand.
The primary care campaign deployed to email addresses collected from online health risk assessments and from people who called Presence Health looking for a physician. The best performing drip email, “4 Numbers You Need to Know,” reached an open rate of 26%. Overall, the email nurturing campaign averaged a 20% open rate and nearly a 15% click-to-open rate
- Open Rate (Best Performing Drip Email) 26% 26%
- Open Rate (Overall Campaign Average) 20% 20%
- Click-to-Open Rate (Primary Care Campaign Average) 14.8% 14.8%
The orthopedic campaign reached readers who completed an online joint pain assessment. The best-performing email in that campaign, “When You Need a Doctor’s Help for Joint Pain,” reached an open rate of 42%. The campaign’s win-back email had a click-to-open rate of 13.3% — showing that readers want to continue receiving information even if they aren’t interacting — and overall, the campaign averaged a 14.2% click-to-open rate.
- Open Rate (Best Performing Drip Email) 42% 42%
- Open Rate (Win-Back Email) 13.3% 13.3%
- Click-to-Open Rate (Orthopedics Campaign Average) 14.2% 14.2%